The Head of Communications, Laura Ryan, is the person in charge of putting Limerick in the headlines for all the right reasons! Laura runs the communications desk at the LCO, proactively promoting Limerick and highlighting the positive developments taking place in the Mid-West. She is also the point of contact for press queries about Limerick city.
- Responding to reactive media inquiries, including acting as the first point of contact
- Identifying and developing proactive media relations, championing media campaigns to support the communication strategy
- Building a communication network with local national and international media and maintaining a graded list of journalists, media contacts and publications
- Developing an internal network structure with key stakeholders, local bodies, companies and organisations in the greater Limerick area
- Putting effective systems in place to monitor media coverage and fully evaluate all activities and to develop metrics to assess the success of the organisations media efforts
- Ensuring that an effective media strategy is in place in the event of a crisis situation
- Advise/assist on occasion where required, identified relevant stakeholders/spokespersons in their dealing with the media.
Email the Head of Communications on firstname.lastname@example.org